This is a crustless spinach quiche that I have made many times over the years. The recipe is really simple, but the flavors are great. It’s also easy to change it up. I recently made this for my book club where a couple of people are vegetarians. I made one with bacon and one without. We read the book Wicked, so I decided to make this “green” dish for the Wicked Witch of the West theme. This is another recipe that you could use for any meal – breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
- 4 eggs or EggBeaters if you want to lighten it up
- 1 container (16 oz.) low-fat Cottage Cheese
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1 cup part skim Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ cup Real Bacon Bits
- ½ cup green onion slices (optional)
- ½ of a medium red pepper, cut into thin strips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients except the red peppers; mix well.
- POUR into greased 9-inch pie plate.
- BAKE 40 minutes or until center is set. Top with peppers.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat eggs lightly in large bowl.
Add all remaining ingredients except the red peppers; mix well.
Pour into greased 9-inch pie plate. Bake 40 minutes or until center is set. Top with peppers. (I didn’t use peppers this time)